Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Happenings......


Hello again folks. Had a terrific three day weekend. I took Friday off to spend the day up at my boss's'sss's lake place with my family.


.......FOOTAGE NOT AVAILABLE......


And I wasn't allowed to take the camera. It was a fun, fun time. Shiloh, our golden retriever, went as well and had a blast swimming in the water. My shoulders got a lil' burned and they hurt, but I was told I was just being a big baby and to suck it up.


Saturday evening we went to Pigeon River Fish and Wildlife Area on a whim towards the evening. Went to Area D marsh and saw a boat load of Green Herons. There had to be 25 or better of them. Also saw 3 Sandhill Cranes, which we had never seen before. Footage was found on those guys.......




Today (Sunday) we went to Eagle Marsh in Fort Wayne in hopes of seeing the recently reported Blue Grosbeak, but to no avail. We got out there around noon and it was hot. How hot was it???? Well, hot. Didn't spend a bunch of time out there. Towards the evening Jake and I went back out to Eagle Marsh. We saw 21 Great Egrets, about 150 Red Winged Blackbirds, some Bobolinks, Pied Billed Grebes, Lesser Yellowlegs. Jake wants to call it Hop Bunting Marsh, because every time we took a step either grasshoppers or frogs jumped out of the way and it seems like every other bird we saw was an Indigo Bunting. We also met some birders out there looking at either a Semipalmated Sandpiper or a Western Sandpiper. I'm leaning more towards a Semipalmated Sandpiper, they were leaning more towards the Western. Neither of us were too awful sure. Them buggers are hard to tell apart and it was too far out to get a good picture of it. Couple of pictures Jake wanted me to take.......



Some sort of butterfly, I guess.



Monarch Caterpiller



When we got home, we found this guy on the cone flowers in front of the house.



Eastern Tigerswallow Butterfly

All in all a very good, but tiring weekend.

PDUB


Post Script: That wife of mine made a great Low Sodium Salsa and Low Sodium Black Bean Dip. Food with actual taste. I can eat good, flavorful food again. Yippee!

No comments: